DLL files are essential for the OS to work properly. You may face errors related to it if something went wrong with this file.
One such error is the ‘code execution cannot proceed because DLL was not found’ error.
The full error message may read: ‘Code execution cannot proceed because DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.’
You may most probably encounter the ‘code execution cannot proceed because DLL was not found’ error if the DLL file is corrupted or something went wrong with it.
This error may make it difficult for you to use your Windows PC properly, and you might not be able to do your tasks.
If you are also facing this problem, then you need not worry about it. In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix the ‘code execution cannot proceed because DLL was not found’ error.
Fixing ‘Code Execution Cannot Proceed Because DLL Was Not Found’ Error
Follow the steps given below to fix the ‘code execution cannot proceed because DLL was not found’ error:
User Software To Restore DLL Files
There are various third-party software using which you can easily restore DLL files. ‘Code execution cannot proceed because DLL was not found error is most probably encountered if something went wrong with the file.
Therefore, you can prefer restoring the DLL files that are corrupted using third-party software.
One such software that you can prefer to use to restore DLL files is Restoro. This is a third-party DLL troubleshooter.
This application has a built-in automated system and a library of various DLLs files to replace any file that is corrupted on your PC. If you face any DLL error, then you can use this software to scan and fix the issue.
To use Restoro to scan for corrupted DLL files, follow the steps given below-
- Download the Restoro from the official website, and then install it on your PC.
- Run the software on your PC. Restoro will now begin scanning for any corrupted DLL files.
- After the software has scanned your PC for errors, click on the start repair option.
- Wait for the process to finish. Once the process has finished, close the application window, and then restart your PC.
Reinstall The Software Causing The Problem
If you encounter this problem while using a specific application then you can try uninstalling that particular application.
Many times the problem seems to be caused by that specific app. If you encounter ‘code execution cannot proceed because DLL was not found error’, then this article will help you solve it.
To uninstall the application which is causing the problem, follow the steps given below-
- Open the settings app on your PC.
- Head to the apps section in the settings.
- Click on Apps & features. This will show you a list of all the applications installed on your PC.
- Search for the application causing the problem, and select it. Click on uninstall to uninstall the application.
Update The Windows
Outdated Windows may also cause this error. You should try updating your Windows, and then check if the error persists or not. To update Windows, follow the steps given below-
- In the start menu, search for settings and open it. You can either press the Windows + I key combo to open the settings of your PC.
- In the settings, search for Windows Update and select it.
- Now in the Windows Update section, click on check for updates. Your PC will begin checking for all the updates available. Download and install all the updates. Also, ensure that you check the optional update section as well. Here you will find the latest driver updates for your PC.
Update The Drivers
If the drivers on your PC are outdated then also you may encounter this error. You may try updating the drivers on your PC to fix the error that you face.
There are various ways to update drivers. You can use the third-party software, Windows update, and official hardware website to download driver updates.
The software will scan your PC for driver updates. Once the software has scanned your PC for driver updates, you will see the list of all the drivers that can be downloaded on your PC.
You can select what drivers to download. Download the drivers, and install them. Once done, restart your PC, and you will no longer face the error.
You can either update drivers using the Windows update. When you check for Windows updates, you will see an optional update section. This is where you will find the driver updates. Download and install the update on your PC.
You can either download the driver updates from the hardware website. You should know what hardware you use on your PC. Head to the official website of the hardware, search for the model and download the drivers.
If you use a laptop, then you can head to the official website of your laptop, search for your laptop model, and download the drivers. Install the drivers like you install regular programs. Once done, restart your PC.
After you have installed drivers, you will not face ‘code execution cannot proceed because DLL was not found’ error any longer.
Use System Restore
If the error is still not fixed, then you can use System Restore to fix it. If this error is caused after making some changes to your system, then you can use System Restore to restore your PC.
Do note that this method will only work if you have created a restore point earlier. To use system restore, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R key combo on your keyboard.
- In the run dialog box, type in rstrui and click on OK.
- This will open the System Restore Window.
- Here select the restore point that you created.
- Now click on scan for affected programs to see what changes will be made to your PC. Close the scan for affected programs window, and click on next.
- This will restore the system from the restore point you created earlier.
Using the System Restore, you will no longer face the ‘code execution cannot proceed because DLL was not found’ error.
These methods can help you fix the error you were facing. This error can be time-consuming if you keep on receiving it, and can cause damage to your PC if not fixed for too long.
Therefore, it is essential to solving this error. You can follow the methods mentioned in this article to fix the ‘code execution cannot proceed because DLL was not found’ error. We hope this article helps solve the issue you were facing.