If you are playing games on Windows PC you might have come across the ‘Game Security Violation Detection’ error.
Well, this is the most common error which is likely to occur when the game detects anything suspicious.
Many users have encountered facing this error when they tried to play ‘Easy Anti-Cheat’ protected games like Apex Legend, Fortnite, and various such.
The complete error message may read-
‘Game Security Violation Detected (#0000000D)’
You are most likely to encounter this error when playing games like Far Cry 5, Fortnite, Watch Dogs 2, Rust, and various others.
This error occurs when the anti-cheat software of the game detects any suspicious activity or program that seems to be violating the policy of the game.
If you have encountered this error, then you are not alone. This is a common error which PC gamers might encounter.
If you are facing this error, then you are at the right place. In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix the ‘game security violation detected’ error in Windows 10.
Fixing Game Security Violation Detection Error In Windows 10
Follow the steps given below to fix the ‘Game Security Violation Detected’ error in Windows 10-
Close The Lighting Software
Nowadays most computers come with RGB lighting. If your PC has RGB lighting, most probably it will also have lighting software.
This lighting software helps customize the RGP lighting on your PC. However, this lighting software if running in the background may cause a ‘game security violation detection’ error when playing games in Windows 10.
If you face this error, then you should most probably try closing the lighting software.
To close the lighting software even from the background, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly quit the RGB application by clicking the close button.
- After you have closed the RGB application, it might be running some background processes. You can try to end the background process of the RGB application.
- From the start menu, search for task manager and open it.
- Head to the processes tab in the task manager. Search for your lighting software, select it, and then click on end task.
After doing so, try playing the game, and you will no longer face the error you were facing.
Disable Your Antivirus
The antivirus software you are using might also interfere with the game you are playing. This may also send some faulty signal easy anti-cheat software of the game, and you will encounter this error.
If you are using a third-party antivirus on your system, then you should try disabling it.
Disable the antivirus software and then try running the game again. If you encounter this error again, then try uninstalling your antivirus.
Uninstalling the antivirus should most probably fix the issue you are facing.
Update The Game
If you are running an outdated version of the game, then also you are most likely to face this error. If you haven’t updated your game for too long, then you should try updating it.
Head to your game launcher, check for updates and download the update for the game.
Try updating the game. After the game has been updated, relaunch it and check if you are getting this error or not.
Uninstall RGB Software
If you are still facing the error, then you should try running the RGB lighting software that you are using. Many times ending the background process of the lighting software won’t be enough, and might still cause a ‘game security violation detected’ error.
Even after disabling the background process of the RGB software, if you still face the error, then you should try uninstalling it. To uninstall the RGB software, follow the steps given below-
- In the start menu, search for the control panel.
- Search for uninstall a program in the control panel, and open it.
- This will show you a list of all the applications and software installed on your PC.
- Now select the RGB software that you want to uninstall, and then click on uninstall.
This will uninstall the RGB lighting software. After you have uninstalled the software, try relaunching the game. You should now not face the ‘game security violation detected’ error in Windows 10.
Update Your Graphics Driver
If any of the above solutions didn’t help troubleshoot the error, then probably outdated graphics drivers can be the cause of it.
You can try updating the graphics driver, and then check if you still face the error or not. To update the graphics driver, follow the steps given below-
- Click on the start icon to open the start menu.
- In the start menu, search for device manager and open it.
- This will show a list of hardware and peripherals installed on your PC.
- Here expand the display adapters option by double-clicking on it.
- This will show you a list of all the graphic cards on your PC.
- Right-click on the graphics card, then click on update driver to update the driver.
- Do this individually for all the graphics cards on your PC. Many times your PC might have two graphics cards instead of one. You should update all the graphics cards on your PC.
- Once you have updated the graphics driver, restart your PC.
- Now run the game again, and check if you still get the error or not.
You can even use third-party apps like Driver Booster or DriverPack solution to update your PC. Download any of the applications, and run them on your PC.
The application will scan your PC for driver updates, and you will be able to update your graphics driver.
You can either head to the official website of the graphics card, NVIDIA, and AMD. Search for your model of the graphics card and download the update.
Install the update, and restart your PC. Now relaunch the game and check whether you still face the error or not.
After following the above steps the error will be fixed. This is a common error that you might face when playing any game. We hope this article helped solved the error you were facing.