Nowadays most PCs come with RGB lighting to make them look cool. These lights can be configured as per the requirements of the person using them.
You will see these RGB lightings in gaming PC and they will be configured by the special tools provided by the PC. One such tool is Razer Synapse, which you will see on Razer PC.
If you are using a Razer PC with configurable RGB lighting, then you might have used this application to configure various components of your PC like lighting, fan speed, and various others.
However, while using this application you may come across various errors. One such error is Razer Synapse not opening.
Many users have reported facing Razer Synapse not opening error, due to which they are not able to use their PCs.
If you are also facing this error, then this article will help you troubleshoot this error. In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix Razer Synapse not opening error.
- 1 Solving the Razer Synapse Not Opening Error
- 2 Final Words
Solving the Razer Synapse Not Opening Error
Given below are troubleshooting methods to fix Razer Synapse not opening error.
Reinstall Razer Synapse
If you are facing this error then you should probably try reinstalling the program. Due to some bugs in the app, you may encounter this error.
This error can easily be fixed by reinstalling the software. Head to the control panel, and then uninstall Razer Synapse from there.
Download the Razer Synapse from the official website, and install it on your PC.
Try running the program after reinstalling it, and you will no longer face the issue. However, if you still face the issue, then you should try other methods mentioned in this article.
Reinstall Razer Device Drivers
If there is something wrong with the device driver, then also you may face the problem. You can try reinstalling Razer Device Drivers-
- Open Device Manager on your PC.
- Expand the following sections one by one inside device manager:
* Mice and other pointing devices. * Keyboards * Human interface devices.
- Now right-click on the Razer devices within these sections, and click on uninstall device.
- Restart your PC now, and the drivers will be reinstalled.
- You will find the device drivers reinstalled on Device Manager.
- However, if you don’t find the drivers, then click on the action tab in Device Manager, and click on scan for hardware changes. After doing so, drivers will be reinstalled on your PC.
Uninstall Razer Surround
Razer Surround may also cause a problem with Razer Synapse. You may also not be able to open Razer Synapse and may face Razer Synapse not opening error.
If you have Razer Surround installed on your PC, then you may try uninstalling it and then check whether you still face the issue or not.
- Open the settings on your PC.
- Head to the apps section from the left sidebar of the settings.
- Now click on the apps & features option.
- Here you will find all the apps installed on your PC.
- Select Razer surround from here.
- Now click on the three ellipses that you will find right beside the Razer Surround, and then click on uninstall.
Once you have uninstalled Razer Surround from your PC, you may try checking whether you still face the error or not.
Most probably the error should be solved by now. However, if you still encounter the Razer Synapse not opening error, then you may try moving to the next method.
Clean Temporary Files
Temporary files are the cached memory of the application you are using. You will have to clear this cache memory to accommodate the well-functioning of the application.
If not deleted for too long, then temporary files may get corrupted and may cause problems with the application.
If you do not clear the temporary files on your PC for quite a long time then also you may face an error with Razer Synapse.
You may try clearing the temporary files related to Razer Synapse that are stored on your PC and then check whether you still get the Razer Synapse not opening error or not.
- Press the start icon on your PC, and then search for %temp% and open it.
- You will be headed to the folder location where all your temporary files are stored.
- Select all the files and delete them.
- Once you are done deleting the temporary files, you may try restarting your PC, and then check whether you face the error again or not.
Install Microsoft .NET Framework
You may have to install the .NET framework for Razer Synapse to work properly. Many times applications require the Microsoft .NET framework to function properly.
You can download the .NET Framework from the official website. Upon downloading the .NET framework, run the setup file and install it on your PC like you install all the software.
A third-party antivirus program on your PC may also interrupt the proper working of the Razer Synapse. If you are using any third-party program then you may try disabling it.
If disabling the antivirus didn’t work for you then you should try uninstalling the antivirus. Uninstall the antivirus, and restart your PC.
Try using the Razer Synapse application after you have uninstalled your antivirus program. You will no longer face the Razer Synapse not opening error.
The firewall may also interrupt the program from working properly. If you are using any antivirus program on your PC, then it will come with a Firewall.
You may either try disabling it or uninstalling the antivirus software.
If you are not using any third-party antivirus application, then you should try allowing the Razer Synapse application through Firewall.
To allow Razer Synapse application through Firewall, follow the steps given below-
- Open the start menu, search for Windows Defender Firewall and open it.
- Click on allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall from the left sidebar.
- On the next window that opens up, click on change settings.
- Search for Razer Synapse here, and click on it.
- Now check both the boxes for public and private for the Razer Synapse.
- Once done, click on OK.
After doing so, try running the Razer Synapse application on your PC again. You will now no longer face the issue that you were facing.
End The Background Process Of Razer Synapse
If any of the above methods didn’t work for you, then you may try ending the background process of the Razer.
To end background processes from Razer Synapse, follow the steps given below:
- In the start menu, search for Task Manager and open it.
- Head to the processes tab in Task Manager, and then select the processes from Razer.
- Click on End Task to end the Razer processes. You will have to do this individually for all the Razer processes running in the background.
Once you have ended all the processes from the Razer, you should try opening the Razer Synapse application again. This will most probably fix the Razer Synapse not opening error for you.
Check For Windows Update
Many times, outdated Windows might also cause the problem with the Razer Synapse. If you are facing this issue, then it might be possible that it is because of the Windows update not being installed.
You should try updating the Windows, and then check if you still get the error or not. To update Windows, follow the steps given below-
- Open the settings of your PC, and search for the update.
- Now, click on check for updates.
- Your system will start searching for new updates for windows.
- Download and install all the updates available for your PC.
- Once done, restart your PC, and then try running the Razer Synapse again.
Following the troubleshooting methods mentioned above, the problem should be fixed. These were some of the fixes for the Razer Synapse not opening error.
If you are facing this error when trying to run Razer Synapse on your PC, then you can follow these steps and the error will be solved.