If you are a PC gamer then you might have used Steam to download games on your PC and you might have also faced Steam Error Code -105.
Steam is a popular digital storefront from where you can download PC games.
You will find the digital version of the PC games here which you can buy and download on your PC.
This will save you from going to a store and buying the physical copy of the game.
However, when downloading games from Steam, you might come across various errors that might interrupt you from downloading games on Steam.
Steam Error Code -105 is one such error that you might encounter when using Steam.
This is a common error that PC gamers while using Steam may encounter.
You might receive an error message that says ‘unable to connect to server’, with error code 105.
This error code means that the Steam client software is requesting data from the server, but the server isn’t responding.
Well, there can be various reasons why you may face the error like Steam Server down, the problem with the internet connection, and such.
If you are reading this article then probably you are searching for the fix to Steam Error Code 105.
Well, if you encounter this error when using Steam, then you need not worry about it. In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix Steam Error Code 105.
Fixing Steam Error Code -105
Given below are the troubleshooting solutions for the Steam Error Code 105.
Check The Server Status Of The Steam
Most probably you might encounter Steam Error 105 when the server of the Hulu is down.
You can use Downdetector to check whether the server of Hulu is down or not.
If the server of Hulu is down then you can do nothing at your end except for waiting for the server to be up again.
However, if the server is up, and you still face the error, then you should move to the steps given ahead.
Check Your Internet Connection
Use Fast.com to check your internet speed. If the speed of the internet is slow then you may still get the error.
If you are suffering from slow internet speed, then you may try bringing the router close to your PC, and then check if the speed is optimal or not.
If that doesn’t work then you can connect your router to your PC using an Ethernet cable. Most probably this will do the job for you.
However, if you still get face the slow internet speed, then it would be recommended to contact your ISP and then ask him to troubleshoot the problem for you.
However, if you are running on a low-speed internet package, then you should try upgrading your internet plan.
If your internet speed is high, and you still get the Steam error code 105 when running Steam, then you should move to the next troubleshooting method.
Flush Your DNS
DNS stored on your system may be corrupted which may prevent certain elements of the Steam to not work properly.
- Open the start menu, and then search for the command prompt and open it.
- In the command prompt, type in the command ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter. Wait for the process to complete, and then try using Steam again.
Disable Ad Blocker
If you are using an ad blocker then also you may face this error. You may have to disable the ad blocker on your PC if you want to use Steam without facing the error code -105.
The ad blocker interrupts the proper functioning of the application, and if you use any such application then probably you will keep getting the Hulu Error Code.
Even though you don’t have an ad blocker on your PC, you may get the error code if you are using any antivirus software.
Most third-party antivirus software comes with an in-built ad blocker. You can turn off the ad blocker from within the app and then check whether you still get the error or not.
If you are using a browser, then ensure that you don’t have any ad blocking extension installed on your browser.
Try using Steam after disabling the ad blocker and you will no longer face the Steam Error Code –105.
The firewall may also cause a problem with Steam. If you are using any antivirus software on your PC, then you may try disabling the Firewall on it.
If you don’t use any Antivirus software, then you will have to allow Steam on Windows Defender Firewall.
Windows Defender Firewall is the built-in Firewall that comes with Windows.
To allow Steam through Windows Defender Firewall, then follow the steps given below-
- Open the start menu, and then search for Windows Defender Firewall and open it.
- On the left sidebar, click on allow an app or feature through the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Now click on change settings and find the Steam on the list.
- Now check the boxes of public and private for the Steam. Once done, click on OK and you will no longer face the issue.
Install The Latest Version Of Steam
If you are using an outdated version of Steam, then you may as well get the Steam Error Code -105.
Head to the Microsoft Store on your Windows PC and then search for Steam, and download it.
Once you are done downloading and updating the Steam to the latest version, try running it again, and check if you still get the error.
Clear The Cache Of The Browser
You should clear the cache of the browser on which you use Steam.
Old data gets accumulated and may get corrupted if you don’t clear it for too long.
To clear the cache of the browser on your PC, follow the steps given below-
- Open the browser on your PC, and then click on the menu option (which will be the hamburger icon or the three ellipses).
- Click on history, and then click on the option to show all history.
- Now click on clear browsing data.
- Here you will see two options cookies and other site data and cached images and files options. Check these two boxes to clear the cached data. If you want to clear the history as well, then you can select browsing history as well.
- Click on clear now to clear the cached data.
Once done, try using the app again, and you won’t face the Hulu Error Code 105.
Reinstall The Application
Even after trying all the above methods, if you still get the error, then the last option will be to reinstall the application.
To reinstall Steam on your Windows PC, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + I key combo to open settings on your PC.
- In the settings, head to the Apps section, and then click on Apps & features.
- Here select the Steam app, and click on the three ellipses. Now click on uninstall to uninstall the Steam app.
- Once you have uninstalled the Steam app, head to the Microsoft Store on your PC.
- In the Microsoft Store, search for Steam, and open it.
- Click on the get/install option to install the Steam app on your PC.
After you have reinstalled the app, open it. Try downloading any game from Steam. Steam Error Code -105 will now not interrupt you from downloading games on your PC.
Following the above methods, you won’t face the Hulu Error 105 again. Follow the steps correctly, to troubleshoot the error.
We hope this article helped you out in fixing the Hulu Error Code 105.