Game Security Violation Detected in Apex Legends is a common issue that one can face when running Apex Legends. This is a common error and there’s nothing to worry about if you face this error.
Games like Apex Legends come with easy anti-cheat software. This detects any suspicious signals sent to the application which may lead to violation of security. This is to prevent users from cheating.
If any suspicious activity is detected by the easy anti-cheat software, it will prevent the game from starting, and you won’t be able to play the game.
Most probably, you will encounter this error due to conflicting anti-virus software, outdated game, firewall, and various others.
If you are facing this error, then there’s nothing to worry about it. In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix the Game security violation detected in Apex Legends.
- 1 Fixing Game Security Violation Detected In Apex Legends
- 2 Final Words
Fixing Game Security Violation Detected In Apex Legends
Given below are the troubleshooting methods for fixing Game Security Violation Detected in Legends-
Disable Third-Party Antivirus
A third-party antivirus program on your PC may conflict with the Apex Legends, and thus prevent it from running. If you are facing this problem, then you should probably try disabling it.
Disable the third-party antivirus on your PC while you are playing the game, and then check if the program runs or not.
However, if the program still doesn’t work even after disabling a third-party antivirus program, then you should probably try uninstalling the antivirus from your system.
Uninstall the antivirus program, and then try running the program again.
Disable The Firewall
Many times firewall on your PC may also conflict with the application. If you are facing this issue, then probably Firewall on your PC might be causing the issue. Disable the Firewall from your antivirus.
If you are not using any third-party firewall, then you should allow the Origin app through the Windows Defender Firewall. To allow Origin app through the Windows Defender Firewall, follow the steps given below-
- In the start menu, search for Windows Security and open it.
- Click on Firewall and network protection from the left sidebar.
- Now click on Allow an app through Windows Firewall. From the list of app, select Origin and allow it through Windows Firewall.
Uninstall Third-Party Program
If you started getting the security violation detected in Apex Legends after installing any program, then probably that program is causing the error.
You should try uninstalling the software that you installed on your PC after which you started getting the error.
After doing so, try running the program again, and check if you get the error or not. If you still get the error, then you should probably move to the next step.
Disable RGB Application
Many gaming PCs come with RGB lighting. If your PC has RGB lighting then it will also have RGB lighting software to customize the lighting.
Many users have reported facing such problems due to RGB lighting on the PC. You should try all the background processes from the task manager, and then check if the issue is fixed or not.
To end the background processes, follow the steps given below-
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete combo, and then open task manager.
- Head to the processes tab in the task manager.
- Here select the process from the RGB software.
- Now click on end task to end the process and then check if you still face the error or not.
If you are still facing the problem, then probably you should try uninstalling the RGB software from your PC.
Run SFC Scan
Due to corrupted files, you might face this problem. You can run SFC (System File Checker) scan to check your PC for corrupted system files and fix them. To run the SFC scan, follow the steps given below-
- In the start menu, search for the command prompt.
- Right-click on the command prompt, and then click on run as administrator. This will run the command prompt with administrative privileges.
- In the command prompt, type the command sfc /scannow and hit enter.
- Wait for the command prompt to scan your system for corrupted files.
- Once done, restart your PC, and you will not face the problem anymore.
If you haven’t updated your Windows, then also you may face this error. You should try updating your Windows, and then check if you still face this issue or not.
- Open the settings app on your PC.
- In the settings, search for Windows Update, and select it.
- Click on check for updates.
- Download and install the updates on your PC. Also, check for updates in the optional updates section. Download and install the updates.
- Restart your PC, and check if you still face the issue.
Update Graphics Drivers
Outdated graphics drivers may also cause this error. Update your graphics driver, and then check if you get this error or not. To update graphics drivers, follow the steps given below-
- Open the device manager on your PC.
- In the device manager, expand the display adapters option by double-clicking on it. This will expand the list of graphics cards on your PC.
- Right-click on the graphics card, and then click on update drivers. This will update the graphics drivers on your PC.
- After updating the graphics driver, restart your PC. Now try running the Apex Legends again and check if you still get the error.
You can either use third-party applications like Driver Booster or DriverPack Solution to update the drivers.
Update The Game
You should try updating the game first. Game updates come with bug fixes and patches. So if you are facing this error due to some bug, then it will most probably be fixed by updating the game.
To update the game, follow the steps given below-
- Launch Origin application on your PC.
- Head to the library of the Origin.
- Here select the Apex Legends application. Click on the gear icon that you will find on the game.
- From the menu that appears, click on update game to update the game.
- Try playing the game again, after you have updated it. Check if you face the error again or not.
Repair The Apex Legend
If you are still facing the problem, then it is probably because there is something wrong with the game. You should try repairing the game. To repair the game, follow the steps given below-
- Run the Origin app on your PC.
- Open the library of the Origin.
- In the library, select Apex Legends game, and click on the gear icon on it.
- Click on repair, to repair the game.
After you have repaired the game, try running it again, and you will not face the error again.
Contact The Support
If any of the above solutions didn’t fix the error for you, then you should contact the official support team of Apex Legends and get it fixed.
You can also check the forums related to the Apex Legends to check the fixes.
That’s how you can fix the security violation detected in Apex Legends. Following the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to fix the issue you were facing. We hope this article helps solve the issue.