Many users have reported that their Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 keeps disconnecting on Windows 10.
Well, this is not only a problem with Windows 10, but you may encounter this error with the latest Windows 11 or an older version of Windows as well.
Network issues as such may be a nightmare for many people. This can be a nightmare when you are in the middle of a gaming session or a video conference, and suddenly your network disconnects, and whenever you try connecting it, it keeps on disconnecting.
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 keeps disconnecting is a common problem that one can face with Intel Wireless-AC 7260 driver.
This error is easy to fix, and without much technical knowledge, you can easily fix it. We have compiled a list of working solutions to fix the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 that keeps disconnecting.
Fixing Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Keeps Disconnecting
Given below are some fixes for the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 keeps disconnecting issue-
Updating The Drivers
The very first reason as to why you may face this issue is because of outdated drivers.
Outdated drivers can lead to various issues, and if your network card drivers are not updated then you may face various problems like slow internet, or the network keeps disconnecting.
If your Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 keeps disconnecting, then it might be because you are running on outdated drivers.
If this is the problem, then you can prefer updating the drivers. You can update the drivers through the Windows update, device manager, or third-party software.
Follow the steps given below to know how you can update the network drivers through the device manager-
- Search for the device manager in the start menu, and open it.
- You will see a list of all the devices and hardware connected to your PC.
- Now expand the list of network adapters by double-clicking on it.
- Here you will find Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 option listed. Right-click on it, and then click on update driver to update the driver.
- Once the drivers have been updated, restart your PC, and you will no longer face the issue.
That’s how you can update the drivers through the device manager. You can also update the drivers through Windows update. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Windows Update from the settings of your PC.
- Now click on check for updates. Your PC will begin checking for the latest updates.
- After done with checking updates, you will see all the Windows updates. You will also see the optional updates option here. This is where you will find driver updates for your PC.
- Click on optional updates. Check whether there is any driver update for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. If there is any update, then you can download and install it.
- After the drivers are installed, you will be asked to restart your PC. Restart your PC, and use your PC without any problem.
You do have the option to install updates through third-party software like Driver Booster and DriverPack Solution. This software will automatically scan for driver updates and will install them on your PC.
Reinstall Network Adapter
If updating the drivers didn’t do the job for you, you can prefer reinstalling the network adapter. Many users reported that they were facing the same problem of Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 keeps disconnecting, and they had it fixed by reinstalling the network adapter. To reinstall the network adapter, follow the steps given below-
- Open the device manager on your PC.
- Here expand the list of network adapters by double-clicking on it.
- Now select the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 from here. Right-click on it, and then click on uninstall. Confirm uninstalling the network adapter. This will uninstall the network adapter.
- Now restart your PC, and the network adapter will be automatically installed. You will find Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 option under the network adapters in the device manager.
- If you don’t find Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 in this list, then you will have to install it manually. Click on the Action tab in the device manager, and then click on scan for hardware changes. This will install the network adapter.
That’s how you can reinstall the network adapter on your PC. Reinstalling the network adapter will most probably fix the issue, and you will no longer face Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 keeps disconnecting issue.
Troubleshoot Problem With The Network Adapter
You can run the troubleshooting in Windows to check what is the problem with the network adapter and it keeps disconnecting. To run a Network troubleshooter, follow the steps given below-
- Right-click on the network icon on the taskbar, and then click on troubleshooter problems.
- This will start a network troubleshooter. Now follow the on-screen instructions, and the troubleshooter will fix the issue for you.
- However, if it is unable to fix the issue, it will show you why you encounter the problem.
Enable Continuous Aware Mode
Enabling CAM or Continuous Aware Mode can most probably fix the issue with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. If the network keeps disconnecting on your PC, then you should try enabling CAM. Given below are the steps to help you enable CAM on your PC.
- Open the Control Panel on your PC.
- In the control panel, search for network and sharing center and open it.
- On the left sidebar, click on change adapter settings.
- Now select the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 from here. Right-click on it, and then click on properties.
- Head to the networking tab in the properties, and then click on configure.
- Now head to the advanced tab.
- In the property section, select transmit power. You will have to change its value to the highest. You can do that from the drop-down menu that you will find on the right-side when you select transmit power.
- After doing so, click on OK to save the changes.
- Close the control panel, and every other window open on your PC and reboot your computer.
Once your PC has restarted, try connecting it to the network again, and check whether the issue persists or not. Enabling CAM should have most probably fixed the issue for you. However, if the issue is still not fixed, then you can follow the next troubleshooting method mentioned in this article.
Reconfigure The Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Driver
If the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 keeps disconnecting even after you have tried the above fixes, then you will have to reconfigure the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 driver. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- In the Control panel, search for network and sharing center and open it.
- Click on change adapter settings from the left sidebar.
- Now select the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 wireless adapter. Right-click on it, and then click on properties.
- Head to the networking tab in the properties, and click on configure.
- Now head to the advanced tab. Here you will have to change the value of certain properties listed under the property section. You can change the value by selecting the property from the property section, and then select the value from the drop-down menu under the value.
- Change the value of 802.11n Channel Width For 2.4Ghz connection from auto to 20mhz Only.
- Then change the value of Preferred Band to 2.4Ghz.
- Set Roaming Aggressiveness to Lowest. By default, the value will be medium.
- Change the value of Wireless Mode to 802.11b/g.
- Next set the HT mode value to VHT mode.
- After doing so click on OK to save the changes.
- Now log in to your router settings and enable CAM and disable P2P settings.
- Once done restart your PC, and you will no longer face the issue.
These were some of the troubleshooting methods that you can try to fix Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260’s disconnecting.
We hope this article helps solve the issue you were facing.
If it did help you, then do let us know in the comment section.